What Information Is Covered By This Policy?
Site Not Intended For Outside Of United States
Company controls and operates the Website from the United States, and the Website are not marketed to, intended to be utilized by, nor intended to be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any country or territory outside of the United States. Other than as provided herein, Company does not represent or warrant that the Site are appropriate for use outside of the United States, and those who choose to access the Site or use our Service from outside of the United States do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. The interpretation and enforcement of this Policy shall not be governed by the rules and regulations applicable to outside of the United States.
The types of User Data (i.e., data collected from visitors to Companies website or app) we collect for Company’s own business purposes, and how it is used or shared depends on the reason(s) why it was collected. The purpose, however, is always to facilitate communication with businesses and people who utilize, or may become a future customer of Company’s application. To that end, Company collects the following categories of User Data:
- Identifiable information, and anonymous information, through technologies such as “cookies” collected when you visit and interact with the Site.
- Identifiable personal information you voluntarily give us (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information or other information requested) so that we can communicate with prospective customers, current customers, former customers, and visitors further about our services, offerings, as well as in the course of providing services to Company customers, whether or not collected through the Site, App, or otherwise.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site or outside or the Site. By way of example, Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us through the Site or otherwise. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities or obtaining services from Company for which it is necessary to first obtain such information.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
Company may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site we may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service, information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience, we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- To respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
We may identify you from your Personal Data and merge or co-mingle Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, for any lawful business purpose. Except as otherwise stated, we may use information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to:
- to respond to your requests and provide user support;
- to evaluate and improve the content of our Services;
- to customize the Services to your preferences;
- to establish accounts to use the Services;
- to communicate information and promotional materials to you (where you have not expressed a preference otherwise);
- to check on your account status and maintain record of activities in connection with your use of the Site;
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies;
- for research analysis;
- to enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies;
- to prevent or investigate fraud (or for risk management purposes), or to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims or to defend against legal claims;
- to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims, or to defend against legal claims;
- to conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performances of our Services;
- to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes; and
- for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you.
- to establish your account to use the Services;
- to validate your username, email, password, and/or other login credentials;
- to respond to your requests;
- to fulfill your purchase(s);
- to send you email and postal mail supplying you with the most recent service information or to send you information;
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies; and
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We do have relationships with trusted third parties, but we will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations and to use the Data only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Data solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Data and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Data;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, email address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence;
- Pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure.
Your Choices, Access, and Rights to Personal Data
You may change, edit, update, or delete the information that you provided when you set up your account through our Service(s) through your account settings. You may also request the deletion of this information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Data Subject, you have the right to request access to your Personal Data as it exists in our records by emailing us at email@example.com. You also have the right to rectification, correction, or amendment of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also have the right to erasure of your Personal Data; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and exceptions may apply. A Data Subject may have the right to object to the processing of his or her Personal Data, for example, due to his or her particular situation, for direct marketing uses, or for scientific or historical research. In certain circumstances, Data Subjects may have the right to obtain a restriction on our processing of their Personal Data, in which case such Personal Data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the Data Subject’s consent or in circumstances such as our exercise or defense of legal claims or the protection of another person. Data Subjects may also have the right to request that we provide data portability for their Personal Data via a copy of the data in a commonly-used format and/or transfer their Personal Data directly to another data controller (where technically feasible). Exceptions to these rights may apply, for example, if the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest. Finally, if a Data Subject has given his or her consent to our processing of his or her Personal Data for certain purposes, he or she has the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information below.
At any time, users may request deletion of their accounts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you delete your account, it cannot be recovered.
We may collect, use, and disclose certain Personal Data about you when acting as service provider to an organization that uses or provides our Site or Services. These organizations are responsible for ensuring that your privacy rights are respected, and should include information to help you understand how third parties collect and use your Personal Data. To the extent that we are acting as a data processor, we will process your Personal Data according to the terms of our agreement with the respective organization and its lawful instructions.
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Data without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.100-199, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) permits certain additional responsibilities towards California Residents. In addition, California residents may request the list of the Personal Data and related information collected by us as denoted in California Civil Code Sections 1798.110(a) and 1798.115. A California resident may also request that we delete any Personal Data about the California resident, so long as the Personal Data is not necessary to our business or service provider functions, as denoted in California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d). California residents will not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. Any California resident Personal Data requests may be emailed to email@example.com
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on April 16, 2020.